Friday 7 November 2014

Recipe / Autumnal Butternut Squash soup


Today I decided to change my diet slightly so that I eat healthier. I downloaded an App called Honestly Healthy and they have some amazing recipes separated into groups of breakfast, lunch & dinner, desserts, snacks & treats, drinks & smoothies and cleanse & weight loss. So there is definitely a lot to choose from! I love cooking from scratch, whether its something really simple or a new recipe that I haven't tried before. 
Before I started this recipe I decided that I wanted to take photos and write a blog post about it to share it with you. I found this particular recipe on the Honestly Healthy App and it really was as simple as it says it is! I have never made a homemade soup before and I am really happy with the results :)

Ingredients


  • Butternut squash - roughly 350g
  • Sunflower oil - 1 tsp
  • Vegetable Bouillon powder - 1.5tsp
  • Boiling water - 250ml
  • Salt - generous pinch
  • Cumin - 1/2tsp
I started off by preheating the oven to 175 degrees. I then cut off the ends of the squash and went on to peel it afterwards. Once the squash was all peeled I sliced it into roughly 2cm cubes.




Once the squash was all chopped up, I covered it in sunflower oil and roasted it in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until it was soft. 


Once the squash was nice and soft, I removed the tray from the oven and mixed the rest of the ingredients with the squash in a blender.


I used my Blend Active and it worked fine :)

This recipe is seriously so easy and delicious, if I can do it then anyone can! It is the perfect lunch or dinner when the weather is cold and you need warming up. I'm hoping to be doing more posts like this so watch this space.

What meals do you like to cook in these winter months?

Love Amy x


9 comments:

  1. I am deffo going to download that app! The soup looks yummy!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was so yummy! And so simple too :) x

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious! Definitely going to try it!

    xx Emma, ouvrirlabouche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it for sure :) Let me know how it goes! x

      Delete
  3. Well done for 1) making an effort to be healthier and 2) trying something new. Making things from scratch can be so daunting, as is trying to get fit and stay fit. I'm working on that myself. I'm learning that just because you are slim, doesn't mean you are 'fit'.

    I'm adding this to my list of recipes to try this winter!

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you have any recipes you'd like to share with me then feel free :) xx

      Delete
  4. This looks delicious, thank you for the recipe! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much, means a lot :) I will definitely check out your blog and follow back xx

      Delete
  5. Awesome recipe! Can't wait to try it :)

    extantmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete